By Rhoda Grace B. Saron
AUTHORITIES in the city are already gearing up for the upcoming Ironman triathlon starting on March 17 and the observance of the Holy week next month.
Angel Sumagaysay, the operations chief of the Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC), told reporters yesterday in the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, that they already presented the security plan during the coordination meeting.
“For the Holy Week, we also have our security plan, only we are waiting for the meeting on the churches in the city,” Sumagaysay said.
Sumagaysay said they are currently following the guidelines of Davao City’s safety plan in which the actions of the tactical units on the ground were anchored.
He added that during the coordination meeting, they have also complemented appropriate security for other activities conducted in the city aside from the Araw celebration.
“We have side events like conventions and meetings, that is why we are having weekly security assessment,” he added.
Captain Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said they will have additional deployment from the Police Regional Office XI, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, and other police provincial offices for augmentation.
Last week, all the PNP personnel, Task Force Davao, Bureau of Fire Protection XI, City Traffic Transport Management Office, PSSCC, Police Auxiliary and other volunteers were already deployed in the different areas in the city to provide security for the Araw ng Dabaw celebration.
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals