THE ANSWER the Cry of the Poor (ANCOP) Global Walk 2023, set to commence on Nov. 19, is a fundraising campaign held every year for scholars in Davao City.
During the Kapihan sa PIA on Nov. 13, ANCOP head Jay Satoquia said there are currently 133 elementary, high school, college, and technical-vocational scholars in Davao City, 812 in Mindanao, and 8,269 in the entire Philippines.
“We encourage everyone to support us na makapadayon ta’g pagpaeskwela sa atoang poorest of the poor na mga estudyante diri sa Davao City. We need to raise funds for them, kay atoang masinati that the tuition increases every year, we may be able to sustain them through the ANCOP Global Walk,” Satoquia said.
With a registration of P300, the ANCOP aims to target 3,000 participants to take part in the said program, for them to be able to reach the funds dedicated to the scholars. The ANCOP Global Walk 2023 will start its route from SM Ecoland at 5 a.m., going to Tulip Drive, Times Beach, Davao Coastal, Bucana, and back to the origin, where the mass and event take place.
In Davao City, there are approximately 26 locally funded scholars, while the rest are funded by foreign countries. However, Satoquia stressed that some of the scholars were not provided continually by foreign countries due to the pandemic.
“In every college scholar, naa ta’y ginahatag nga P25,500, sa atoang philosophy majors, we give P50,000 per year,” Satoquia added.
Satoquia also said scholars are profiled through the ANCOP Social Services, wherein social workers go to various communities for profiling.
The ANCOP Global Walk is under the Couples for Christ Global Foundation, focusing its efforts on the social and spiritual transformation of families.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day