AN ALLEGED rape suspect was killed in an operation conducted by the Sasa police along LPU Drive in Barangay Panacan, Bunawan District around 1:40 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, Davao City Police Office spokesperson, identified him as Favin Clark Antonio, 25, single, jobless, and a resident of Crystal Landmark 3, Barangay Sasa.
Tuazon said the Intelligence Personnel of the Sasa Police Station conducted a follow-up operation on the rape complaint that resulted in an armed confrontation with Antonio.
The suspect sustained a gunshot wound and was rushed to Southern Philippines Medical Center for medical intervention. However, he was declared dead by the attending physician.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day