Two high-value targets were jailed for alleged selling and possession of illegal drugs at 4:10 p.m. in Mati City, Davao Oriental on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the authorities were able to seized shabu worth P1 million.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, the regional director, identified the suspects as Joven Malintad Evaristo alias Owen, Rodel Juanir Pedraya, and Genis Bakiao Evaristo (at large).
According to the police report, joint elements of Mati City Police Station, Davao Oriental Police Provincial Office-Provincial Intelligence Branch, and Investigation and Detection Management Section conducted the buy-bust in Purok Centro, Barangay Tamisan, Mati City, Davao Oriental.
Morales said seized were 150 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated value of P1,020,000.
The P500 marked money and drug paraphernalia were also confiscated from the suspects.
Morales lauded the operating teams for the accomplishment.
“This accomplishment demonstrates the aggressive, serious and equal implementation of our campaign against illegal drugs and most wanted persons,” he said.
“We would like to emphasize that our campaign against illegal drugs will not choose who should be arrested, whoever they are, whether big-time or small-time, they are all held responsible for their actions according to the law,” Morales added.
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms