A WOMAN was killed and her companion injured after they were run over by a Prime mover truck in Purok 11, Budbud, Bunawan District, around 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 25.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), could not ascertain their identities as of press time.
However, she identified the truck driver as Jemvar Melendres.
Based on the investigation, the truck was traveling along the Daang Maharlika Highway heading north when it hit the two pedestrians crossing the road, pinning one of the victims underneath the tires.
Currently, the truck driver is in the custody of the Bunawan Police Station, facing a case for reckless imprudence resulting in homicide and physical injury.
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop