THE COMMISSION on Elections (Comelec) XI targets to announce the winners of the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections in 25 hours despite the manual voting and counting system.
Lawyer Gay Enumerables, acting director of Comelec XI, also said the precincts will open to voters at 7 a.m. and will end at 3 p.m. and the manual counting of votes will immediately follow.
Enumerables disclosed that the election officers have identified which of the polling precincts in each barangay the barangay board of canvassers can proclaim winners.
According to Comelec XI, there are 9,558 cluster precincts in the region with two police personnel for each polling place or school. Moreover, she said the office is ready for Monday’s election.
School District Superintendent Reynante Solitario also presented the 22,094 teachers who will serve as the Board of Election Inspectors in various voting centers in the region.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher