VICE PRESIDENT Sara Z. Duterte on Monday said her office coordinated with the Comelec and the Public Attorney’s Office to guarantee legal support for teachers serving in the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE), which concluded at 3 p.m. on Oct. 30.
“Tinulungan tayo ng Comelec at Public Attorney’s Office na merong kaagad representation ang mga teachers natin kapag mayroon silang kaso na gusto i-file at threats sa kanilang buhay,” Duterte said.
She also said Comelec had assigned a space to serve as the Department of Education’s (DepEd) command center for faster coordination, which opened last Friday, Oct. 27.
“Nandoon ang mga personnel ng DepEd para mag-monitor ng reports galing sa field operations natin with regards to problems encountered by our teachers who are serving the BSKE,” she added.
The DepEd secretary cast her vote at Cluster Precinct 841 inside Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School in Matina around 9 a.m. on Monday.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration