THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) addressed the latest viral video on social media involving the arrest of a carnapping suspect.
Contrary to the online speculation suggesting that the arrested person was a bomber.
DCPO spokesperson Captain Hazel Tuazon said the suspect was not a bomber but he stole a motorcycle.
“We would like to inform everybody that the information is false. The individual was apprehended for stealing a Honda Wave motorcycle with a sidecar during a hot pursuit operation at around 12:50 a.m. on Dec. 5, 2023,” the DCPO said in a statement.
DCPO has filed a case against the perpetrator who is currently in the custody of Toril Police Station for proper disposition.
The Davao City Police Office reminded the public to refrain from spreading fake news that may disturb public peace and order, as such actions are punishable under Philippine law.
“This serves as a warning against the malicious dissemination of false information, whether intentional or not,” it added.
- 𝗔𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗗𝗖𝗪𝗗’𝘀 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲
- Timesman | Self-quarantine
- Krebs, So and Cagandahan head AAK-Davao medal haul in Veguillas Intrl. Karate Cup
- 3,000 to attend confab
- Eden Resort introduces perks to club members
- Mass supporters withdraw support to communist rebels
- ROUGH CUTS | This could be a game-changing initiative
- City meets pool owners, barangays on polio prevention campaign
- Editorial | The massacred trees
- IMPULSES | A dubious endgame