THE DAVAO Light and Power Company (DLPC) warned Davaoeños to unplug any unused electrical appliances or devices to avoid overheating that might cause a fire.
In a radio interview on Jan. 4, Fermin Edillon, DLPC Reputation Enhancement manager, said the public must be wary of any unattended appliances in their homes.
“Dili lang nato gina-unplug atoang appliances para makatipid ta (We don’t simply unplug unused appliances to save money) but also for safety reasons,” Edillon said.
Edillon said the basic action and discipline of unplugging might help save not just one’s family but also other neighboring houses that might be affected by such an incident.
He also warned against DIYing electrical wirings at home and instead, they should immediately contact accredited electricians for replacement and repair to avoid short circuits.
“Ang certified electrician, naa’y national certificate na gi-issue sa Tesda and legit ni sila. Kani sila kabalo kung unsa’y sakto nga mga buhaton when it comes to electrical systems,” he added.
On Dec. 27 at 1:10 a.m., a massive fire scorched at least 350 houses in Purok San Vicente, Barangay Leon Garcia, which was reportedly caused by an electrical ignition from an overheating appliance, the Bureau of Fire Protection XI said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- UPMin’s mathematicians recommend continuing lockdown beyond April 19
- Avoidable tragedy
- Knowing some of energy modalities
- Timesman: Duterte is here!
- 1 rebel killed when NPA ambushes soldiers, cops
- Man with shabu, Handgun nabbed
- Davao City nerve center activated, hotlines shared
- NEW MARKET | WESM available in Mindanao starting December 26 – DOE
- Massive tree-cutting along Ma-a riverbanks: Councilor