Davao City – The University of Cebu Webmasters completes the four-team roster of the coming 2019 Araw ng Dabaw Invitational basketball tournament which tips off on March 18 to 21 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
The Webmasters which last saw action in Davao City during the Visayas-Mindanao leg of the Philippine Collegiate Champions League (PCCL) will join the De La Salle Green Archers and University of the East Red Warriors of the UAAP and Lyceum University Pirates of the NCAA.
“They will be the replacement of San Beda University and Arellano University which signified to join first but backed out in the last minute,” said SBP-XI regional operations head Ronel Leuterio.
The tournament will follow the single round-robin elimination format with the top two teams moving on to the finals while the lower seeded squads play for third.
Cash prizes and trophies will be given to the winners of the four-day tournament presented by the SBP-XI chapter and the City Government of Davao.
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day