350 families to greet 2024 on a painful note after massive fire
A MASSIVE fire scorched at least 350 houses in Purok San Vicente, Barangay Leon Garcia, at 1:10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 27.
According to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) report, the fire started in the house of Ron-Ron Asarabia.
Firefighters of the Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) XI and other volunteers immediately responded to the scene but were hampered by the narrow alleys. The houses were also made of light materials, which allowed the flames to spread quickly.
As a result, firefighters took more than four hours to fully control the flames.
Fire investigator FO2 Raphael Joshua Neri pointed at electrical ignition from an overheating appliance as the likely cause of the incident.
The City Social Welfare and Development Office went to the area to assess the number of affected families and determine their needs. City personnel also handed out food and other essentials while preparing the master list for the financial aid to be distributed later.
The BFP XI initially placed the damage at more than P1.1 million. However, the amount will likely increase following the final audit.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher