THE DAVAO Tourism Association (DATA) urges businesses to help promote Davao online, a more modern and advanced way to fully boost tourism.
Nicole Biao Ledesma, DATA president, shared that a bulk of the data and information international tourists can access are available online.
This was mentioned during their business mission trip to Singapore which tackled more tourism opportunities for Davao, presented by the tourism promotions board.
“When we visited them (Singaporeans), we still brought flyers, like hard copies so they could see it, but then we were asked, ‘Do you have a QR code, a website?’ And then we said, Facebook lang. So parang nawala ‘yung pagka-legitimacy no, kailangan pala QR code na,” Ledesma said.
Ledesma stressed that business sectors in the region need to adapt more “in the way that they (international tourists) were used and accustomed to, and not in our ways.”
“This is also a call to action din sa private sectors, even with the public sectors na mga website ng tourism natin, to be more updated, more accessible, and with complete information,” she added.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts