THE DAVAO Police Regional Office assured that it would be fair in the ongoing investigation of Major Michael Uyanguren over the alleged disappearance of his house helper Justine Mae Saldua.
PRO XI director Brig Gen Alden Delvo confirmed to reporters on Wednesday that the relieved Toril Police Station commander is still in the Regional Police Holding Accounting Unit while the investigation continues.
It can be remembered that Uyanguren was linked to the disappearance of Saldua last Aug. 29.
Delvo said they are still waiting for the results of the task force’s investigation.
“I believe he has already given his counter-affidavit with regards to the charges against him and so, we will follow all legal processes in doing the investigation against Police Major Michael Uyanguren,” he said.
He said they would be impartial and fair in the investigation but also ensure that Uyanguren’s rights are respected.
“The case has already reached the office of the chief PNP, command group on crime, so we are very careful in handling this one,” he said.
The DCPO recently clarified that no criminal cases have been filed but they recommended filing an administrative charge against Major Michael Uyanguren.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher