A CITY-LEVEL target was killed after he allegedly resisted arrest in a buy-bust operation conducted in front of Kissan Lu Subdivision, Barangay Mandug, Buhangin District at 3:17 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 21.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the suspect as Jeppy Eguia, legal age, and a resident of Purok 1-A, Barangay Callawa, Buhangin District.
Tuazon said Eguia was considered a top 4 high-level individual.
According to the report, the suspect sold a sachet of shabu to a police undercover. However, when he was about to be arrested he tried to fire at the officer who retaliated. The suspect was immediately brought to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival.
Authorities seized five grams of shabu worth P80,000; a .38 revolver without a serial number loaded with two pieces of fired cartridges and two unfired bullets.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher