A 26-YEAR-OLD student was arrested by the elements of Toril police and Task Force Davao after shabu was seized from him while passing through the Sirawan checkpoint, on Nov. 10.
Authorities identified him only as alias Christian, single, and a resident of Sarangani Province.
According to the Toril Police Station, joint personnel of Toril police and Task Force Davao seized shabu from his possession.
The student is now under the custody of Toril Police Station, facing a case of violating Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act).
Drug buy-bust nets top PDEA target
Meanwhile, a provincial-level target was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Cadaatan, Sta. Maria, Davao Occidental around 3:35 p.m. on Nov. 10,
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI spokesperson, identified the suspect as Rolly Ignacio, 52, a resident of the said place.
According to the report, the suspect was arrested for selling a sachet of suspected shabu weighing more or less one gram worth P10,000.
During the operation, the buy-bust marked money was also recovered from his possession.
Dimaandal said the suspect was considered the top provincial target of Davao Occidental.
A case for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Article II of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared against him.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration