THE 10TH Infantry (Agila) Division officially activated the Election Duty Battalion (EDBn) (Provisional) at Agila Hall, Camp General Manuel T. Yan Sr., Mawab, Davao De Oro on Oct. 23, in preparation for the upcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Elections.
Colonel Febie N. Lamerez, 10ID acting assistant division commander, and Fatima Irene T. Adin, Comelec XI regional election attorney, led the activation ceremony.
Major Mark Anthony Tito, 10ID spokesperson, said the primary objective of the election battalion is to ensure the safe, secure, fair, and free conduct of the BSKE on Oct. 30, 2023, within the division’s area of responsibility.
The battalion covers four companies, consisting of officers and enlisted personnel from the 10ID, under Lieutenant Colonel Orly D. Brigoli as the commanding officer, he added.
Before the ceremony, Comelec XI organized a two-day seminar for the personnel to equip them with the necessary knowledge and understanding of their election duties.
Lamerez emphasized the importance of remaining neutral and nonpartisan as he urged the troops to focus on safeguarding the integrity of the elections.
“Our mission is to promote successful and violence-free Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections in Region XI and its adjacent areas, upholding political neutrality and demonstrating commitment and loyalty to the constitution,” said Lamerez.
- BP2 Family Congress 2023 set
- Councilor requests colleagues to rally behind Lumad schools
- Penalosa predicts Pacquiao will score a KO against Spence
- ROUGH CUTS | These can be issues-in-waiting
- Editorial: Who cares for our old?
- Mindanao Delivers: Logistics leaders look to Davao for next supply chain hub
- Man nabbed for bomb joke
- DCWD offices closed on April 14 and 15, 2022
- 5 things to try this Kadayawan holiday
- TFD | 2 threats prompt stricter measures for Yuletide season