A SOLDIER will be facing a murder charge after he shot dead a water delivery man along Westeria Street, Phase 3, Deca Homes Esperanza, Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District on Sunday evening.
The suspect was identified as Sgt. Dino Demegilio Lambayon, 44, assigned to the 1003rd Infantry Brigade and a resident of the same subdivision.
Maj. Estrello Ramiso, the Buhangin Police Station commander, said the victim was identified as Ronel Tagadon Mabandos, 37, who hailed from Manay, Davao Oriental, and a resident of Mugworth Street, Deca Homes Esperanza.
According to the police investigation, the victim and his driver, Joy-Joy, were delivering gallons of mineral water in the subdivision. Upon reaching the front of the house of the suspect, the victim confronted the victim and a heated altercation ensued.
Mabandos allegedly shot the victim on the right armpit and forehead, killing him on the spot.
The suspect then fled on foot in an unknown direction. Medical personnel of the Central 911 went to the area and confirmed that the victim already had no pulse.
Recovered from the crime scene were three empty shells.
Meanwhile, Ramiso said the suspect later surrendered to the police and also handed his Glock 17 pistol with one magazine.
He said the suspect got angry when his daughter was reportedly bullied by the victim.
“Then they also had a previous grudge,” he added.
The body of the victim was brought to Villa Funeral Homes in Toril.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, extended his condolences to the victim’s family.
“Upon learning of the incident from Maj. Ramiso last night, we immediately coordinated with the PNP and Sgt. Lambayon’s family to assist in the immediate surrender or turning of the alleged suspect for the proper disposition of the would-be legal case,” Mempin said.
He said that at 12:55 a.m. on July 20, Maj. Rodrigo Latonio, the immediate superior of enlisted personnel, has convinced Ramiso to surrender.
” Rest assured, we will not condone any breach of discipline among our personnel,” the brigade commander said. “We will cooperate with PNP counterpart for expeditious resolution of the incident,” he added.
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- 2 more GCTA program beneficiaries surrender
- Local coaches mourn on Milo Best Center Sports founder’s death
- Wanderlust | Expo aims to lure more Filipino tourists
- Same restrictions in place as GCQ extended in Davao City
- …as key project needed to reduce air pollution
- Scene City: JIB International Schools awarded 4-Star International Center for Excellence
- NHA: 50 housing units for ex-rebs to be turned over in mid-Feb
- Bringing back the joys of Easter Sunday
- Scene City | Roselie Ng’s 60th birthday