SM Foundation has partnered with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI for the distribution of P4.3-million worth of black shoes and sanitizers for communities in different provinces in the region.
Through SM City Davao, SM Lanang Premier, and The SM Store, a total of 12,503 brand new pairs of shoes and 1,826 bottles of sanitizers were turned over to DSWD XI as part of the Operation Tulong Express (OPTE) program of SM Foundation.
“This is our way of giving back to the communities,” said Lester R. Tantoco, mall manager of SM City Davao.
The social welfare department plans to provide the items especially to those under the Pantawid Pamiyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) in different provinces of the region.
In a statement of the department, Merlinda Paragamac, OIC – assistant regional director for administration of DSWD XI, said the efforts made by SM Foundation support the causes and programs of the agency.
“The recipients will surely be happy to receive these items coming from good-hearted groups like SM,” Paragamac said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Emerging baby ‘white elephant’ project
- ROUGH CUTS| Area needing improvement at DCWD
- Food terminal to help farmers increase incomes
- 2 killed in carnapping
- City confers Datu Bago Award to artists, journalist
- Additional flights eyed
- SEC mainstains highest COA audit mark for fourth straight year
- UPPER RIGHT HAND | Vaccine and the rule of law
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Police Files: Fainting man dead after hitting head on concrete