THE SANGGUNIANG Kabataan (SK) Federation has pushed for two ordinances to benefit the youth in the city.
SK Federation president Jaffar Marohomsalic shared on Tuesday about two pending ordinances their committee is pushing like the Local Youth Development Council and the Local Youth Development Office.
Marohomsalic said the committee is presently finishing the final drafts before presenting them at the plenary.
The creation of the ordinances was due to the nonexistent office responsible for programs for the youth
“Naa nagyud syay certain office, positions that will also provide technical assistance to our SKs kay para mas mapalig-on pa gyud ang atong mga pag implement sa atong activities gyud (There will be a certain office, with positions that also provide technical assistance to our SKs so that we can strengthen the implementation of our activities),” Marohomsalic said.
“We wanted it to be ordinance para maging permanent sya (to make it permanent) and to provide also personnel and also budgets,” he added.
He stressed that the SKs in the city can partner with the office and council for whatever purpose that will serve them best.
The office and the council will operate as a division under the City Social Welfare and Development Office. The official eyes for both to be approved before his term ends and a new SK Federation president will be elected.
The SK Federation elections will take place 15-45 days after their assumption of duty takes effect on Dec. 1.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher