- Task group formed to solve ex-mayor’s killing
THE DAVAO City Police Office created a Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) to give justice to former Cateel mayor Giselo Castillones who was murdered in broad daylight in front of a fast-food chain in Buhangin on Nov. 22.
Castillones was shot dead while his driver was wounded as they were about to leave in a gray Mitsubishi Expander after having breakfast at Jollibee at Km. 5, Buhangin.
DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz will lead SITG Castillones under the supervision of the Police Regional Office (PRO) XI.
Investigators are diligently conducting a thorough examination, reviewing CCTV footage from nearby areas, and employing all available means to solve the case.
In a statement, DCPO appealed to the public to report any information that might shed light on the identities of the gunman.
“This will aid in bringing them to justice and providing closure to the grieving family,” it said.
DCPO spokesperson Captain Hazel Tuazon said any information that may contribute to solving the case can be reported to the following hotline numbers:
- PS18 Bajada: 0969-191-4296
- DCPO SMART: 0998-598-7054
- DCPO GLOBE: 0916-659-2576
- DCPO PLDT: 227-5777
- DIAL 911
“Your cooperation and support are crucial in this effort. Let us stand together to uphold justice and ensure the safety of our community,” the statement added.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out