- LTFRB XI directs bus company to explain side over student’s death
THE LAND Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) XI issued a show cause order against the Davao Metro Shuttle Corporation following the death of a 9-year-old student who was bumped while crossing the pedestrian lane on Quezon Boulevard last Sept. 29.
LTFRB XI regional director Nonito Llanos III vowed to implement the full force of the law by imposing a penalty on the operator if found to be liable.
Shienjilyn M. Bangkas, a grade 4 student of Sta. Ana Central Elementary School and resident of Barangay 76-A, was killed after she was hit by a Davao Metro shuttle bus while on a crosswalk.
“The order was released last Friday, ” Llanos said in an interview on Sunday, adding that “They’re [bus company] given three days to respond.”
Llanos also warned the management of Davao Metro Shuttle to do everything to assist the victim’s family.
He also reminded public utility vehicle drivers and private motorists to always yield to pedestrians on the crosswalk to prevent similar incidents.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher