THE COAST Guard District South Eastern Mindanao has lifted the suspension of sea travels to the Island Garden City of Samal (Igacos) on Tuesday morning, Dec. 19, after the city was placed under signal no. 1 due to “Kabayan.”
In the Notice to Mariners by CG LTSG Tristan Erediano, station commander of the Coast Guard Station Davao, he declared that all sea trips are back to normal except for small boats, which are advised to stay at ports as a precautionary measure.
The Philippine Coast Guard continues to advise operators to be cautious to avoid maritime incidents.
The various Coast Guard stations issued advisories suspending sea trips on Monday due to Kabayan.
Classes and work resume
Meanwhile, classes are back in all levels of public and private schools, while work in government offices resumes in Davao City on Tuesday.
In his message Harvey Lanticse, head of the City Information Office, said the local government did not extend the suspension of classes and work.
In related news, Davao del Norte Governor Edwin Jubajib released a memo ordering classes and work to go back to normal on Tuesday. The governor was also grateful for the zero-recorded damage to agriculture and infrastructure in the entire province from the typhoon.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out