Sixteen Spanish Singing Idol contestants competed during the National Festival of Talents held on January 30, 2019 held in Dagupan, Pangasinan. This was the first time that Davao City Special National High School sent a representative to a national competition.
In spite of a bad cold, Airah Micah Sabdani Jumala, Grade 10 or Junior High School, 14 years old daughter of Dang and Emile Jumala of Radyo Pilipinas in Davao City represented Davao Region and won second place, singing the Spanish version of Beyonce’s “Listen”.
Contestants also did Mandarin, Nihongo and French interpretations of songs aside from Spanish.
Airah’s coach was Hyacinth C. Belches, SST II was present at the Awarding Ceremony where Airah received a medal and a certificate. Spanish Adviser/Teacher is Joy Ardepolla.
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Homesick and sick of home
- Random Thoughts | Plan “B” for Federalism
- BOOSTER DOSES | Frontliners a priority as city launches third vaccine shots to boost immunity
- LTFRB eyes new jeepney routes to city’s hinterlands
- Honoring my Mother | Street Feet
- 154 illegal trikes registered
- Hagonoy poor family adopted by PNP
- Kadayawan ‘20 execom formed
- Rough Cuts: Can we suffer indignities?
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this silence the ‘calm before the storm’?