A group of businessmen has offered to open a “rolling store” that would bring various products to different barangays.
“There are abusinessmen who intend to open a rolling store for fish and meat (which) they are going to repack to bring into the puroks of different barangays,” Mayor Duterte said.
The private company asked permission from City Hall and was informed that they must first meet the requirements set by the local government.
“I suggested that the standards that (the city government) is asking from them are the same standards required from the groceries (markets) in the city, except that they are mobile, capable of going around the different barangays,” she said.
The mayor also added that they must strictly observe the existing guidelines set to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection.
“It is (in) their own (discretion) on how to manage the people when they are going to market their products. If you cannot control your social distancing and mass gathering, then we will stop your operation,” Duterte said.
The mayor said there are around three trucks so far which will be rolled out to go to the different areas of the barangays. This is intended to somehow decongest the public markets.
“I hope there will really be an effect to decongest these barangays, especially those with big public markets because that is where a mass number of people usually gather,” she said.
Meanwhile, 194,000 grocery food packs are targeted to be distributed to the barangays this week.
The City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) has already resumed its distribution to the different barangays.
“Hopefully, they will be able to give out the 194,000 grocery food packs this week,” Mayor Sara Duterte said.
She also noted that there are some challenges faced by the CSWDO in distributing the food packs, particularly the capacity of the supplier to repack. Sometimes, they also run out of time to distribute the goods.
The city government is looking at providing relief goods at around 300,000 families in the city.
Duterte also pointed out that there are still some concerns about the ration cards that need to be addressed. For qualified beneficiaries who have yet to receive the relief goods, they can contact the number provided by the CSWDO.
“This health line on (the) ration cards, we have opened it to answer their concerns on the distribution of the relief goods. If you are going to ask via social media, it may not reach the correct person, and your concerns might not be addressed,” Duterte said.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher