ANOTHER robbery hold-suspect was killed by elements of San Pedro Police Station when he allegedly resisted arrest at Emp Village, Barangay 10-A, around 7:30 p.m. on July 20.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of the San Pedro Police Station, identified the suspect as Darwin Cubellas, 23, a vendor and resident of Purok 10, Muslim Village, Barangay 9-A, San Rafael.
According to the report, the suspect robbed Vanessa Guiritan, 23, of her Oppo mobile phone worth P6,000, a pouch containing P1,300, and a gold bangle worth P1,500. She was waiting for a tricycle when Cubellas allegedly forced her to hand over her belongings at gunpoint.
The police immediately launched a hot pursuit operation, leading to an armed confrontation with the suspect.
He was rushed to Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival.
Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered two cartridges from a .9mm and .38 revolver.
They also recovered the suspect’s alleged revolver without a serial number loaded with three rounds of bullets, a sling bag with marijuana leaves and fruiting tops, and a folded newspaper also containing weed.
Meanwhile, the victim recovered her stolen belongings.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts