AN ALLEGED robbery suspect was killed after an armed confrontation with the Bajada police along Horseshoe Drive, Jeresa Subdivision, Barangay Wilfredo Aquino, around 12:35 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 27.
Police have yet to identify the suspect but described him as wearing a black shirt paired with checkered short pants.
According to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), a 27-year-old woman and a resident of Bangkal reported that she was robbed by an unidentified suspect along Marang Street in Wilfredo Aquino around 11:50 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 26.
The victim said the suspect pointed her a gun and forcibly took her pouch with P1,000 cash.
Personnel of the Bajada Police Station conducted an operation and cornered the suspect at Horshoe Drive. The victim positively identified him as the same person who forcibly took her money.
Accordingly, upon seeing the victim was with the operatives, the suspect drew his gun and fired toward the arresting officers, who reportedly retaliated.
The alleged robber was immediately brought to Southern Philippines Medical Center but was declared dead by the attending physician.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher