- Pasko Fiesta to culminate with concert, show at Roxas Avenue
THE CITY Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) issued a notice for the temporary closure of certain portions of Roxas Avenue starting at 8 p.m. on Dec. 29 until 4 p.m. on Jan. 1 for the Paghinugyaw-Sugat sa Bagong Tuig celebration.
To ensure a safe and orderly celebration, one stretch of Roxas Avenue (Aldevinco side) will be closed from the Ponciano Rotonda to corner C.M. Recto Avenue and from corner Padre Gomez to corner C.M. Recto Avenue.
The other stretch of Roxas Avenue (ADdU side) will be converted to two-way traffic.
CTTMO head Dionisio Abude assured the public there would be no repeat of the Dec. 22 traffic even though a considerable length of Roxas will be closed.
“Dili na ingon na maka-experience ta og sobra ka guot na trapik kay ngano— ang plan sa maong activity is ma-confine diha sa Roxas Avenue, especially kadtong gina-occupy sa atong night market (We will not experience heavy traffic because the plan for that activity is to be confined in Roxas Avenue, especially those occupied by our night market),” Abude said during the Madayaw Davao program of the Davao City Disaster Radio on Thursday.
Roxas Night Market vendors will still be able to operate but their stalls will be moved beyond the Roxas Memorial to Quezon Boulevard.
The CTTMO chief said that sufficient CTTMO personnel will be deployed to guide traffic flow during the road closure.
Meanwhile, City Tourism Operations Office (CTOO) acting head Jennifer Romero invited residents and tourists to take part in the New Year’s event in Roxas Avenue.
“We are inviting everyone to join us sa Dec. 31 sa Roxas Avenue. Dungan ta na musugat sa bagong tuig […] Let us share the responsibility of taking care of each other and making sure that everyone will have fun and at the same time everybody will be safe,” said Romero.
The Paghinugyaw-Sugat sa Bagong Tuig New Year’s celebration will be the last Pasko Fiesta event for this Holiday Season and will feature a Torotot competition, musical performance from Mindanaoan talents and artists as well as a variety show.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out