- Police station chief faces questions over missing house help
THE DAVAO City Police Office ( DCPO) on Monday said one of its station commanders was relieved while facing an investigation into the circumstances behind his allegedly missing 21-year-old house help.
During Senator Raffy Tulfo’s program on Sept. 28, 2023, the parents of the missing girl sought help regarding the whereabouts of their missing daughter while employed by a Davao police officer.
The officer was identified as Major Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Police Station 8. He was immediately relieved of his post by DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz on Sept. 29, 2023.
Lupaz also formed a team to investigate the matter and possibly locate the house help, who was reported missing on Aug. 29, 2023. On that same day, the house help’s family filed a report at the Monkayo Municipal Police Station where they hailed from.
“We have not received any complaint and we are just informed about this. Initially, we have conducted an initial investigation about a helper who was missing who was working for Major Uyanguren,” Lupaz said on Monday.
Lupaz said relieving Uyanguren would ensure he would not influence the investigators and the possible witnesses.
The city police director also assured no whitewashing of the investigation, which will be conducted thoroughly and impartially.
Captain Marlon Donquilab, the deputy station commander, was named the acting Toril Police Station chief.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts