A 19-year-old alleged squad leader of the New People’s Army (NPA) gave up to authorities in Mawab, Compostela Valley on Saturday.
1st Lt. Jhocell Asis, the civil-military operation officer, said Ka Joshua surrendered to Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin, the battalion commander of the 71st Infantry Battalion based in Purok 8, Barangay Nueva Visayas, Mawab.
Joshua of Maco, Compostela Valley, is said to be the team leader of Squad 2, Pulang Bagani Command 6 (PBC6), Sub-Regional Committee 2 (SRC2) of the NPA’s Southern Mindanao Regional Command (SMRC).
As a part of the underground movement, he underwent Araling Aktibista (ARAK), Bagong Hukbong Bayan (BHB), Gimbuhatong Masa (GM), Demokratikong Rebolusyon sa Katawhan (DRK), Batayang Oryentasyong Masa (BOM) and Organizing Group (OG).
He was then designated as Squad Supply Officer and later on became a Squad Leader. He was allegedly involved in the burning of a tunnel in Sitio Palali, Brgy. Golden Valley, Mabini, Compostela Valley.
Ka Joshua, the military said, claimed the NPA plans to create group in every barangay to gain more recruits while the Martial Law is still implemented.
Ducusin said “NPAs and other anti-government recruits are now coming back to the folds of law because they have open their eyes that NPA’s art of deception will bring no good to them.”
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals