- Male suspect befriended 15-year-old victim on Facebook: police
POLICE are set to file a case against a 19-year-old for allegedly raping a 15-year-old girl inside Hilario Inn in Calinan District last Oct. 31.
Davao City Police Office director Col Alberto Lupaz identified the suspect but TIMES will only name him as alias John to protect the victim’s identity and her family due to the sensitivity of the case.
“Definitely, karon ma file ang case for violation of RA [Republic Act] 8353 Anti-Rape Law,” the city police director said.
According to the report, around 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 1, the victim and her father went to the Calinan Police Station to lodge a rape complaint.
Based on the victim’s statement, the suspect visited her house in Purok Durian, Tawan-Tawan, Baguio District at around 10 p.m. on Oct. 31.
“Pinuntahan siya doon dahil magkaibigan sila sa Facebook then dinala siya [victim] sa Calinan Hilario Inn, Dacudao Street, at doon nangyari yung sinasabi niya na ginalaw siya ng suspect,”Lupaz narrated before the incident happened.
He said it was the first time that the victim and the suspect met since they became friends on social media.
“Sumama dahil siguro palagay ang loob niya dahil magkausap at magkaibigan sila at doon dinala sya at doon pinagsamantalahan (She probably went with the suspect since she felt comftable because of their friendship and instead was molested),” he added.
The victim insisted to the police that she was not the suspect’s girlfriend.
“Actually, she was forced to take off her clothes because she could not fight off the suspect because he was too strong,” the police director said.
He said they convinced the victim to lure the suspect so they could arrest him in an entrapment operation. They agreed to meet again at the same inn.
“So, binalikan sya doon sa same area at doon siya nahuli (So, he returned to the same area where he was arrested),” Lupaz said.
Inn may face charge
Meanwhile, Lupaz said they are looking at the possibility of filing a case against the inn’s management for allowing a minor inside.
He said Sec. 11 of Republic Act 7610 sanctions establishments like inns, hotels, or resorts for facilitating or allowing activities “Constituting Child Prostitution and Other Sexual Abuse, Child Trafficking, Obscene Publications and Indecent Shows, and Other Acts of Abuse.”
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration