A drug suspect, identified as ranked 12 in the watchlist of the Digos City Police Station, was arrested by a joint team in a buy-bust conducted along Aquino road corner Mabini Extension, Barangay San Miguel, Digos City at 8:40 p.m. last Friday.
The suspect was identified as Carl Vincent J. Rodriguez, 31, a resident of Purok Tambis, Jumao-as Street, Barangay Zone 1, Digos City.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of PDEA XI, said Rodriguez was arrested for selling a sachet of shabu in exchange for 500 to an operative who acted as a poseur-buyer.
Another sachet of shabu and the buy-bust marked money were recovered from his possession. The suspect is now detained at Digos City Police Station detention facility. He’s facing a case for violation of
Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
PDEA XI director Antonio Rivera said, “The office is asking everyone to help the government attain its vision for a drug free country by reporting to us those who are involved into illegal drug activities. You can call or text us at 082-222-3045, 09395433405 or 09331481387.”
- WANDERLUST | Grand Land Davao property wins awards
- Robinsons Bank Simplé Savings named as Best Financial Inclusion Program
- Salugpongan school closure one of major events of 2019
- Editorial | Moving forward despite COVID-19
- 360 police officers punished
- Cultural Potpourri: Seda’s Valentine “Eat with Love”
- 67% COMPLIANCE | 200 submitted valid COVID-19 test results on the first day of the implementation of the law
- Rough Cuts | What went wrong?
- Salubong, Reuniting Filipinos everywhere this Christmas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day