- Labor groups demand wage increase, end to Endo on Bonifacio Day
AT LEAST 250 individuals representing various labor groups staged a lightning rally commemorating Andres Bonifacio Day on Monday, Nov. 27, at the Freedom Park along Roxas Avenue.
The police said the rally ended peacefully.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of the San Pedro Police Station, said the rally was participated by the members of Sentro Davao, Public Education Workers’ Union, Davao Holcim Employees and Workers Union, Metal Industries Workers’ Union, Young Leaders’ Movement, Portmore Community College Student Union.
Hugos said the groups raised several issues such as ending the end-of-contract (Endo) system, the regularization of employees after more than five months of work in service, and an across-the-board salary increase.
The group also demanded that the government take measures to arrest the rising prices of basic commodities.
- Toril inferno | Fire razes 50 houses in Crossing Bayabas
- Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga start vaccinating senior citizens
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Scene City | Hannah Marie Denila’s debut
- “You Have the Power” Roadshow slated this Friday at SM Lanang
- DCWD not affected by drought
- City surpasses last year’s business renewal numbers
- Man with P600,000 in shabu nabbed
- ‘She was my friend’: Army commander denies involvement in model’s murder
- TESTAMENT TO GRIT | Former athletes marvel at Hidilyn Diaz’s sacrifices to grab Olympic gold