THREE women were stabbed to death in two separate areas in the city on Wednesday and Thursday.
Police have yet to identify the two females killed inside a rented house in Purok 1, Barangay 2-A, at 6:30 a.m. on Jan. 4, but the suspect was identified as their neighbor Marcial Gonzales, 52.
According to a witness, she was cleaning the doorsteps of her house when she saw Gonzales leaving the house. Gonzales allegedly told her that he killed two people.
Central 911 and Scene of the Crime Operative teams arrived and immediately cordoned the area for a thorough evidence sweep. No details have been given to the media on the motive and circumstances of the case.
On Jan. 3 around 7 a.m., the body of a 22-year-old female was found along the river at Purok 4, Barangay Bayabas, Toril District.
Police identified the victim as Iannie Sayon Maturan, a resident of Purok 4, Bayabas.
According to the report, the victim was found dead by her neighbor at around 6 a.m., lying along the shallow river, approximately 50 meters from her residence. The victim sustained stab wounds on her stomach just above the navel and left neck.
The police have yet to identify the perpetrator of the killing.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts