THE SAN Pedro Police Station filed a case on Friday against the twin-murder suspect who was arrested following a manhunt operation on Thursday afternoon, Jan. 4.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of San Pedro Police Station, said the suspect was positively identified by a witness as Marcial Marzan Gonzales, 52, and a laborer who stabbed to death Cora Oral Andagit, 20, and Jazel Joy Indoy, 15, both residents of Purok 10, Barangay Salumay, Marilog District.
According to the report, the witness saw the suspect go out of his boarding house and yell that he killed the two victims inside their rented room in Purok 1, Brgy. 2-A, at around 6:30 a.m. on Jan. 4.
The police found the victims lying on the floor of the latter’s rented room with multiple fatal stabbed wounds on their bodies, the report added.
Gonzales was arrested by Digos Police in Davao del Sur at his hometown in Barangay Kapatagan, Digos City particularly at the Bus Terminal about 12:20 p.m. on the same day.
Based on the statement of the suspect, he was drunk the night before killing the victims.
“Na-samukan daw sya kay mag-uli hubog ug magdala pud daw ug mga uyab nila (He got annoyed because the two victims were always drinking and bringing their boyfriends in their room),” Hugos added.
Hugos said the suspect confessed to killing the victims while they were asleep.
Gonzales is now detained at the San Pedro Police Station, facing the double-murder charge.
- DENIED ENTRY | Aguilar: 150 failed to show docus or were on non-essential travels
- DENR eyes Boracay as model in rehab plan for Davao Gulf
- P476-M supplemental budget for COVID-19 response okayed
- POLICE FILES | Shabu inside loaf of bread
- LETTER TO THE PUBLISHER
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Wine and Dine, Whine and Moan
- Pilipinas Shell starts 2022 with P3.5 billion net income in Q1
- Davaoeños urged to visit Lingap portal for services
- Ford boosts SUV portfolio with all-new Ford Territory