THE PHILIPPINE Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) XI reminded its members and partner hospitals that bringing printed Member Data Records (MDRs) is no longer required for admission as encoded claims are submitted directly to healthcare institutions (HCIs).
During the Kapihan sa PIA on Jan. 8, Dr. Maria Alexis Campaner, PhilHealth XI Healthcare Delivery Management Division OIC, said the N-claims system is already digitized and accessible to every authorized individual.
“So sa lahat ng mga pumupunta sa hospital, kung hinihingian po kayo ng MDR, hindi na po iyan kailangan because the hospitals are encouraged and are actually mandated by PhilHealth to utilize their portal,” Campaner said.
Campaner said PhilHealth members just need to bring an ID to establish identity.
“Not even necessarily the PhilHealth ID, kahit ‘yung ID na makapag-identify lang kung sino siya. Because the hospital system could actually see the PhilHealth number of the patient already and all of the pertinent information of the patient is there in the system,” she added.
Consequently, in a report last Sept. 29, PhilHealth assured its members of further strengthening its information security infrastructure after a ransomware attack on Sept. 22 that compromised 72 workstations.
PhilHealth restored its application systems at noon on Sept. 29, 2023.
- Region’s top cop vows probe on UCCP Haran
- Timesman | She pampers me with love!
- PUBLISHER’S NOTES| When Someone Close Dies
- Editorial: The Cotabato Question
- Quakes damage 137 health facilities
- Monolithic domes needed in typhoon-prone areas: Piñol
- Phoenix fuels offered at 80% off on Limitless
- Sen. Go, Rep. Nieto to open National Sports Summit 2021
- Rough Cuts | A museum out of the Bajada Power Plant?
- PUJs allowed to enter UP campus for DAVRAA meet