A 41-YEAR-OLD man was shot dead a few meters from his house in Matina Executive Homes at 9:32 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 2.
Meanwhile, the suspect was immediately arrested by the Ecoland Police Station.
Major Noel Villahermosa, Ecoland police commander, identified the victim as Aurel Joy Baucan, 41, while the suspect Budz Derek Keesey Dela Cruz, 41, a BPO employee and a native of Cebu City.
Accordingly, the victim was outside buying a cigarette when he was killed.
In an interview on Thursday afternoon, Villahermosa said they believe that personal grudge was the motive of the killing although they have yet to conclude their investigation.
For now, the suspect is under the custody of the Ecoland Police Station.
“We are still waiting on the result of the investigation,” he said, adding that the suspect will also be charged with violating the Comelec gun ban.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration