Authorities seized P480,000 worth of shabu from a laborer who was arrested in a buy-bust in Purok 12, Davao-Bukidnon Highway, Calinan past midnight on Thursday.
Davao City Police Office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum identified the suspect as Sannie Boy Quita Bermodes, 28, a resident of Purok Dahlia, Barangay Baguio Proper, Baguio District.
Tagum said the DCPO-Intelligence Branch, under Supt. Noel Asumen, received information around 10 p.m. Wednesday that a certain “Sonny Boy” was selling illegal drugs in Calinan.
A special task group, composed of the City Drug Enforcement Unit (CDEU) led by Sr. Insp. Melvin Montecillo and Calinan Police Station, led by Chief Insp. Arquiomedes Wesley, was immediately formed to entrap the suspect.
Tagum said a policeman, acting as buyer, bought a medium-size sachet from Bermodes at 12:30 a.m. Following his arrest, they seized from him large sachets of shabu placed in a Marlboro cigarette box, along with the P500 marked money.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Calinan Police Station to face a case for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?