The City Council has approved the P436-million City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Fund Investment Plan (CDRRMFIP) for 2019.
The city councilors approved the passage of the proposal as pushed by Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, chair of the Committee on Finance, Ways and Means, and Appropriations during suspended rules.
The CDRRMFIP 2019, amounting to P436,109,258, will cover various programs that are extracted from the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Plan 2017-2022.
“This was as urgent matter because we need the budget to fund the project of our (DRRM Office). We will be installing the LED screens in our highways,” Dayanghirang told reporters.
Based on the Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act (PDRRMA) of 2010 (Republic Act 10121), the City shall allot not less than 5% of its total budget for local calamity fund.
The City Budget for 2019 amounts to P8.8 billion, hence, the Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Fund for calendar year 2019 totaled to P436,109,258.
In accordance with the Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Plan 2017-2022, 30% or 130,832,777 will fund the Quick Response Fund while 70% or P305,276,480 will be for the Prevention and Mitigation and Preparedness Fund.
Based on the summary of programs of CDRRMO, eight projects will be funded under the Prevention and Mitigation and Preparedness Fund.
These are Procurement of Disaster Response Equipment System (P134,674,600), Outdoor LED Billboard – Phase 1 (P14 M); Byaheng DO30 FM: Community Emergency Responses and Preparedness Radio (P25,550,000), Community Disaster Information System (P4.14 M), Construction of CDRRM Office (P12,109,880), Flood Prevention and Mitigation Program (P63.5M), Enhancement of Los Amigos Evacuation Center (P17,302,000), and additional CCTV Cameras and Network (P34,000,000).
- 400 get jabs in school-based mobile vaccination vs. COVID
- Drug suspects arrested in front of Ecoland terminal
- ADAP: Punish people using words offensive to PWDs
- 5 IPs in Haran brought home
- Scene City | Davao Medical Society’s Pillars Night
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1
- Rough Cuts | Discretion still the better part of valor
- Be responsible for posting vax info to avoid confusion
- DA XI: Free horse to support remote farms