More than P100,000 worth of illegal drugs were confiscated from the four individuals including a 17-year-old boy in a buy-bust in Purok 7, Barangay Apokon, Tagum City at 9:20 p.m. on Sunday.
Chief Insp. Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Precinct, said the operation resulted in the apprehension of Edwin Monteverde, 25, student; Edelson Monteverde, 24, laborer; and alias Ed, all residents of Purok 7, Apokon, Tagum City; and Ramil De Gracia, 28, married, a resident of Purok Aluya, Binuagan, Maco, Compostela Valley.
The joint operation was conducted by the Drug Enforcement Team of the Bunawan Police Precinct, together with the Emergency Response Company of the Task Force Davao, led by Sgt. Larry F. Tullaga, Pfc. Norman O Jambaro, and Pfc. Ronnie A Bantusan under the supervision of Capt. Jonathan Sarausas.
Police recovered two big sachets of shabu, along with the P500 marked money.
“The arrest of said persons was the result of the intensified campaigned against illegal drugs,” he added.
For now, they are detained in the Bunawan precinct to face a case for violation of Sec 5, 11, and 13 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop