POLICE recovered more than P1.4 million worth of illegal drugs during simultaneous anti-criminality and law enforcement operations over four weekends in December 2023.
DCPO chief Col Alberto Lupaz said a total of 68 operations allowed law enforcers to arrest 79 suspects and seize 206.9281 grams of shabu and 336.0881 grams of marijuana, valued at P1,447,441.72.
The DCPO also achieved a significant milestone by apprehending 131 individuals with outstanding warrants.
“Our dedication to public safety was further underscored in our Anti-illegal gambling operations, where 57 operations led to the arrest of 155 violators and the confiscation of P26,919 in betting money,” he said.
Moreover, police also arrested seven individuals and confiscated seven guns in their campaign against illegal firearms. Meanwhile, one person surrendered his firearm and another five pieces were confiscated in 28 operations.
“These exceptional achievements resonate strongly within the community, standing as a testament to the unwavering dedication of DCPO and the tireless efforts of each PNP personnel,” he said.
“Let’s continue working together, striving for excellence to maintain peace and order, creating a safer and more secure Davao City for everyone,” he added.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out