A NEW People’s Army (NPA) leader was killed in an encounter with the 1003rd Infantry Brigade in Sitio Gomez, Barangay Kipaypayon, and Sitio Palcatahan, Barangay Lumintao, Quezon, Bukidnon on the evening of Nov. 24.
The military identified him as Mutong Bago, team leader of Abe, Sub-Regional Sentro De Grabidad Peddler of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee.
Bago was killed in a series of encounters during combat operations conducted by the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, composed of soldiers from the 48 Infantry Battalion(IB), 72IB, and 56IB, in the said area.
Soldiers seized one M16 rifle, assorted war materials, and personal belongings from his remains. The Army already informed the family to recover his body.
Lt Col Gilbert Gomez, commanding officer of the 48IB, reiterated that the government is always open for the rebels to give up their useless fight and lead normal lives.
“I hope that this encounter will serve as an eye-opener to our brothers and sisters who are still hiding in the mountain to surrender to the folds of the law and enjoy the government’s program through the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program so as not to suffer the same fate,” Gomez said.
- Region’s top cop vows probe on UCCP Haran
- Timesman | She pampers me with love!
- PUBLISHER’S NOTES| When Someone Close Dies
- Editorial: The Cotabato Question
- Quakes damage 137 health facilities
- Monolithic domes needed in typhoon-prone areas: Piñol
- Phoenix fuels offered at 80% off on Limitless
- Sen. Go, Rep. Nieto to open National Sports Summit 2021
- Rough Cuts | A museum out of the Bajada Power Plant?
- PUJs allowed to enter UP campus for DAVRAA meet