MORE MEN took interest in availing of the free non-scalpel vasectomy (NSV) in 2023, the City Health Office (CHO) revealed.
The CHO Population Division reported a total of 107 men who underwent vasectomy last year, representing a 44.59% increase from 74 individuals in 2022.
Division head Jerrielyn Lewis said the data proved more men are now more involved in family planning and no longer delegate that responsibility to their partners.
“Kani mao pud ni iyahang participation ug mao pud ni ang iyahang act of love sa iyahang asawa ug sa iyahang anak kay sa pagpili sa vasectomy,” she said. “At least, makuha niya ang saktong numero sa iyahang pamilya nga kaya niyang masuportahan.”
Lewis said they aim to revive their NSV Outreach Program in 2024 to reach men in far-flung areas and extend the service outside the city.
The CHO-CPD gives free vasectomy operations every last Friday of the month. Lewis said they cater to visiting patients from neighboring cities and municipalities. Some 11 males who underwent the procedure were from neighboring areas.
The division chief earlier said during the iSpeak media forum that younger men as young as 19 years old showed more interest than older men due to fear of the responsibility of rearing children.
Lewis urged Davaoeños to consider NSV as the procedure is a non-intrusive family planning method as it takes only about 15 minutes and does not require longer healing and recovery, unlike tubal ligation.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts