- Army officer no order to dissolve Task Force Davao
AN ARMY division officer dismissed the claim of former presidential spokesperson Harry Roque that the Marcos administration is planning to disband the Task Force Davao due to its loyalty to the Dutertes.
In an interview on Monday, 10th Infantry Division spokesperson Major Mark Anthony Tito, said they received no order regarding the unit’s disbandment.
“Wala man order na buwagon ang TF Davao. Wala man na siya nahisgutan (There was no order to demobilize the TF Davao. It wasn’t talked about),” Tito said.
Meanwhile, as of this writing, TIMES is still waiting on the statement of TF Davao commander Col Darren Comia on the matter.
The TFD was established on April 16, 2003, after the terror attacks on the Sasa Airport and Sasa Wharf. Its headquarters is located at the Sta. Ana Wharf in Barangay Leon Garcia.
Earlier, in a Facebook Live, Atty. Harry Roque revealed that he heard about talks that Task Force Davao will soon be disbanded.
“Alam nila na loyal sa mga Duterte itong Task Force Davao kaya nagkaroon nga ng, well, yan po ang bumobuo ngayon na bubuwagin daw ang Task Force Davao,” he said.
“Nakakalap ako ng balita na idi-disband daw ang Task Force Davao na may 700 na sundalo na pinoprotektahan ang Davao sa banta ng terorismo,” Roque said.
“Bumubuo ngayon [rumors] na bubuwagin ang TF. Ewan ko kung confirmed lumipad si chief of staff nung weekend sa Davao,” he said. “Hindi ko alam I would like to assure you na meron naman tayo contingency plan dito.”
AFP Chief of Staff Romeo S. Brawner Jr. visited the soldiers of the 10th Infantry Division at Camp Gen. Manuel T. Yan Sr., Mawab, Davao de Oro and Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) on Feb. 3
Brawner talked to the troops and lauded them for their swift humanitarian assistance and disaster response (HADR) to the affected communities in Davao Region. He also lauded the command for its effective campaign execution and for its outstanding show of professionalism.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out