Davao City – Some 160 entries have already confirmed in the much-anticipated Mt. Apo Sky and Vertical Race this April 13 to 14 on an out and back route starting at the Ground Zero point in Baranga Derong.
“This time we have more international entries who confirmed their participation,” said Julius Paner, Sr. Tourism Officer of Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur in yesterday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao.
Paner came to the weekly sports Forum along with race coordinator Doi Calbes and international runner Jan Ritchie of Canada.
Ritchie will be one of the international runners competing along with other entries from Scotland, United States, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Mexico, Switzerland, Singapore, Russia, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, France, Indonesia and England.
“We are expecting our runners from our country Philippines to give them a good run to the finish line,” he added.
As for Ritchie, he also bared that he has been in training since September of last year for the race.
“I really prepared for this since it will be my third time to join,” Ritchie said.
Race routes will cover 100 and 50 kilometers with different turning points.
As of yesterday, some 99 entries confirmed in the 100km and 56 in the 50km.
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop