About 2,028 fisherfolks received rice and cash support from First Congressional District Representative Paolo “Pulong” Duterte last September 18 and 19.
The aid was given to barangays of 21-C, 22-C, and 23-C at the Davao Coastal Road.
Rep. Duterte’s office said that 2,423 fisherfolks from five areas have yet to receive the same aid, as the distribution of rice and cash support will last until Friday, September 22.
Johnny Toleran, Davao Federation of Fisherfolks Association president said in an interview that the association requested support for fisherfolks affected by the cloudburst.
“Kami naga pasalamat sa opisina ni Congressman Pulong sa pag apruba sa among request. Sukad mi lingkod siya isip congressman sa Distrito Uno, wa gyod mi niya kalimti hilabi na sa panahon nga nagkinahanglan mi ug tabang (We are thankful to Congressman Pulong’s office for approving the request. Since he took office, he has never forgotten us every time we needed help),” Toleran said.
Toleran also thanked Rigo, who represented the congressman, for leading the assistance distribution to the members of the 46 fisherfolks associations in Cluster 4 in this city.
He added that fisherfolks had difficulty in fishing during the rainy and closed seasons, and the changing climate makes it very slow.
In line with this, the government implemented the closed season to protect the spawning period of small pelagic fishes in Davao Gulf, as outlined in the government’s Administrative Order (JAO) No. 02.
Duterte stressed that the office sees to it that all fisherfolks will be given service in times of difficulty.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher