The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will hold a consultation with jeepney operators and barangay officials on March 5 for the planned augmentation of buses in Mintal, Cabantian, and Sasa areas.
Last Feb. 20, the city deployed 12 buses to augment stranded passengers in Catalunan Grande and Toril areas during rush hours.
In an interview yesterday at the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude said they are planning to field at least three buses each in the three new targeted areas where there are also high volume of stranded passengers during rush hours.
Abude said there is a need to conduct a consultation with leaders and affected jeepney operators in the three areas.
The CTTMO chief also said he will recommend for the field three more buses for Catalunan Grande and two more buses for Toril. Currently, four buses are serving Catalunan Grande and eight buses are fielded in Toril.
Abude said the city is adamant to “solve the problem of stranded passengers.”
If there is a lack of city buses for the program, he said they will be tapping the provincial buses.
Abude yesterday attended the launching of the inter-agency council for traffic at the DCPO.
- FINED, TOO | SEC revokes entity for fraud
- Rough Cuts | Time to throw his weight around
- EGALITARIAN | People’s welfare as an agenda
- Electronic producer CHROMANCE teams up with K-Pop group MOMOLAND for the new version of “Wrap Me In Plastic”
- Vegas Fuels reopens, grants Bayanihan Prices
- Recovery of tourism industry needs push, says executive
- GJAPS Pirates are 2019 Uraya Fortys hoop champs
- Wanderlust | Gulangyu: An island of history
- DLSU gets 2nd win in 34th Kadayawan hoop
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Too much katol