The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) XI has sought the endorsement of the City Council for the concreting of the Mamay-Laverna-Diversion Bypass Road.
The project is divided into three phases, targeted to be competed on 2020 with a total budget of P492 million.
DPWH XI Regional Director Allan Borromeo, in a letter addressed to the council, has requested the councilors’ favorable endorsement as such road is envisioned to “distribute traffic passing Mamay Road towards Davao City Diversion Road in order to decongest the worsening traffic condition at Junction Mamay and Diversion Road.”
“This bypass road will serve as diversion road to north-bound vehicles in case flashfloods occur along the Diversion Road, entrance of La Verna Hills Subdivision,” Borromeo said in a letter.
He said that the flooding in the area has caused inconvenience and paralysis traffic flow and damages to private and public vehicles drowned during high-ceiling flashfloods.
“(The) Davao City International Airport is also located in the area, therefore the need to address the increasing traffic congestion at its major intersection of Davao City Diversion Road and to address the need for a continuous flow during flash floods,” Borromeo said.
The City Council passed the item on first reading and forwarded it to the Committee on Public Works and Highways, under Councilor Jesus Joseph Zozobrado, to conduct public hearings.
- Military says 189 avail of absentee vote
- ROUGH CUTS | When signs of aging manifest
- Wanderlust | Understanding vlogging
- Honoring my Mother: Food pics of the past
- Vendors urged to secure permits to sell at cemeteries during Undas 2023
- Man nabbed, P1.7-M in shabu confiscated
- Lapu-lapu SK chair, councilor under investigation for forgery
- Ex-cop, four others caught in separate drug buy-busts
- NOSTALGIA: Thank God I was a country boy
- Editorial | What then will this child be?