- Affair between 2 LTO workers turns deadly when husband runs amok
AN EMPLOYEE of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) XI was stabbed to death by the husband of his colleague in a fit of jealousy in Rizal Extension, Barangay 38-D, around 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec.19.
Major Marvin Hugos, commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the victim as Gordon Gildo Gabrinez, 34, an HR staff at LTO XI and a resident of the area.
Meanwhile, the suspect was Ravin Mulat Cedeño, 30, an encoder for a BPO company and a resident of Father Selga Street, Barangay 8-A.
Hugos told reporters on Tuesday that the incident occurred in the house of the victim when the wife invited her husband to settle their issue when Cedeño became aware of the affair.
“Ang asawa sa suspect nag confess nga dunay nahitabo sa ila sa victim (The suspect’s wife confessed that something happened to them with the victim),” he said.
“Pag abot didto kalit lang gidunggab ang victim (When he got there, the suspect suddenly stabbed the victim),” he narrated.
Gabrinez sustained stab wounds on his back and side portion of his body. He was immediately brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Further, the suspect surrendered immediately to the police.
Police established the motive as jealousy considering the love triangle. For now, the suspect is under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station and will possibly face a murder case. It’s not clear if the wife will also be punished for her indirect role in the incident.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- UPMin’s mathematicians recommend continuing lockdown beyond April 19
- Avoidable tragedy
- Knowing some of energy modalities
- Timesman: Duterte is here!
- 1 rebel killed when NPA ambushes soldiers, cops
- Man with shabu, Handgun nabbed
- Davao City nerve center activated, hotlines shared
- NEW MARKET | WESM available in Mindanao starting December 26 – DOE
- Massive tree-cutting along Ma-a riverbanks: Councilor