- Comelec files disqualification cases vs six BKSE 2023 aspirants
THE COMMISSION on Election (Comelec) XI on Monday revealed that at least six aspirants in the region are set to be disqualified for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (BSK) Elections on Oct. 30.
Comelec XI acting director Lawyer Gay Enumerables told TIMES in an interview on Monday afternoon they started the disqualification process against the candidates, who she declined to identify.
However, she confirmed that they already submitted the cases to the central office for review.
“Dili pa mi maka give out sa case kay ang main [office] ang mag act on it based on our evaluations,” She said.
“Baka may makita pa sila yun lang yun ang final say talaga doon [Comelec national office]. Hindi namin pwede ma divulge kung sino at anong klase kaso basta it is disqualification coming from different areas in the region ,” she added.
Moreover, the Comelec acting regional director reminded candidates to follow the rules of the Omnibus Election Code to avoid facing disqualification.
“Among pahimangno is, of course, mo follow gyud ta sa rules sa Comelec, otherwise pwede mi maka file saila ug case kung makita namo nga naa sila kalapasan sa campaign period,” she further said.
Based on the calendar of activities of the Comelec, the campaign period will start this Thursday, Oct. 19, and will run until Oct. 28.
Meanwhile, in a separate interview, Davao City Police Office director Col. Alberto Lupaz warned supporters to respect the rules and play fair to avoid putting the candidates they endorse in trouble.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher