The COVID-19 Task Force of Tagum announced on Thursday that the first recorded death of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the city was Fr. Arnel Celis.
The city government said the family of the priest allowed his identification to help in tracing those who were in close contact with him from April 5 to April 22.
The body said the priest died on Monday, April 27 and that the result of his test came out only on April 29.
Based on the report of the regional office of the Department of Health, of the 135 cases in the region, 10 of them in Davao del Norte, eight of them have recovered.
“There is only one remaining active case of COVI-19 in Tagum City after one from the two Tagumenos who remained positive for the virus had already recovered,” the city government of Tagum said in a statement.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts